Monday, August 5, 2013

Faux Seal!

I discovered the Technique Twist blog yesterday and decided to learn a new skill with embossing powder and a heat gun. I checked out the following links on the blog and got my materials all ready. Since I didn't know how this would turn out and I didn't want to ruin my newer stamp sets, I used my retired SU Shapes and Shadows leaf set for a faux wax seal. I tried wax/embossing powder mix and that was interesting; I also tried embossing powder and Dazzling Details just to experiment a bit. The results were o.k. but then I came up with the idea to use wax paper instead of having a paper background to peel off. I simply applied the powder on top of the wax paper and very carefully, using my tongs, used heat to melt the powder from the bottom. Once melted, I used my leaf stamp to make this Fall card. I love the Fall season, can't wait for cooler weather!
Linking to the Technique Twist party over here.
Inked the melted embossed powder with Congrats sentiment.



5 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea. Your leaves look awesome!!! You are on a roll....love your card! Tx u for linking at Technique Twist Challenge. Awwweeesome!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Jessica! I would never have thought to use waxed paper for this technique! Thanks for a new idea and for playing along with us at The Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great twist on the Faux Wax Seal technique Jessica!!! The added details such as a the woodgrain & burlap type thread pulls this all together! Thanks for joining us at The Technique Twist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! Love how your leaves came out! thanks so much for joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all about having fun and it looks like you did! You are clever with the wax paper and your fall theme is so fun, thanks for twisting with us!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

My Paper Pumpkin Challenge