Thursday, October 24, 2013

Faux Cloisonne & Double Embossing

Earlier this morning I was checking out Splitcoaststampers for some holiday card inspiration. So many awesome ideas- where do I start?!?! Since I knew I wanted to try the latest Technique Twist, when I first saw this tutorial for the 'faux cloisonne' technique, I was intrigued...Beate does a beautiful job explaining this technique and although it took me a good chunk of the afternoon to complete (3 kids, laundry, dishes, yadda- yadda), I like how my card turned out :)


For the card layout, I roughly used the design concepts from http://www.handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com/ and Catherine Pooler. All materials are Stampin' Up and I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the svg design from MDS. The glossy magazine I used was from the latest issue of MOPS   Mom Sense magazine. Whew, that's a lot of links in this post but I am definitely linking up at the party over here!

1 comment:

  1. Jess...love your card..the layout and the bling snowflake! You are getting so good at this challenges you even mix them. Thats so neat! Tx for joining us at Techniqe Twist Challenge! Yay!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

My Paper Pumpkin Challenge