Monday, December 2, 2013

MDS Swatchbook


I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful Thanksgiving break! It was nice just to relax and take a break from the usual routines...
For the holiday, the family and I took a road trip to my hometown, El Paso, TX. It's always hard to pack with baby and kids but one thing I was determined to bring along was my laptop- not my tablet but yes, my old school laptop. I love my Android tablet for it's convenience but when it comes to program applications and overall ease of working on big projects, the laptop is the way to go.

With a extra babysitters on hand (thanks Granddaddy and Auntie Soobin!) I had some time to play around with MDS by making a 5.5 x 3.25 Twitterpatted Swatchbook. I love the ease of modifying the design template to suit my needs and much thanks to Janet Wakeland of MDS.net, I was able to make the most of the 30% off print sale by making 2 books in 1! Out of the 26 pages, 1/2 was a family mini-album and the other 1/2 by a baby book. Thank you Janet for the awesome videos and for sharing your great ideas!!!

Here's one page from the swatchbook. I love, love, love the flexibility of MDS and how I was able to incorporate not only the software design elements but also, add my own background paper, images, etc. that I have acquired from other companies- it was a win win!! 


 Posted by Picasa

Another useful MDS tool that I learned to enjoy and play around with is the opacity feature.
MDS is fun and I can't wait to play some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

My Paper Pumpkin Challenge