Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day Bookmarks

My daughter's 1st grade Valentine party was a special treat for her- candy, cards, candy, games, and of course, more candy was a fun-filled time for her. As part of her 'home work' she was to create some Valentine cards for each classmate- 16 total! I wanted her to participate in making cards; however, since she's away at school most of the day, using some Disney Princess cards fit the bill... I wanted her classmates to have something special and memorable (at least until it's lost or destroyed- hee-hee) so I decided to make some bookmarks using her school colors green and yellow.

I was inspired to make this fun project by my good friend Jessica U.- her tutorial on making this classic keepsake was exactly what I needed to get something done fast! I used my Silhouette Cameo to do most of the work and the SU Designer Series Paper is so fun and timeless for any season. I like the results and the kids really enjoyed their Valentine's treat.

I hope you enjoyed your day of pampered love and know that God loves you- always!


1 comment:

  1. Jess these are beautiful!!! Whohooo!! Love love that u r getting a bit of inspiration but Oh my! You always take it a notch higher. Im sure the kids loved them. Tx c sharing the love of crafting. Xoxo!!! Jessica

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

My Paper Pumpkin Challenge